Online Rummy game with friends to play for free. Be the first to run out of cards, creating ladders or groups of 3 or more cards of the same value in this game of Rummy. Enjoy this online board game with cards, with the Poker deck, and play against the computer or create an online game to play with friends. An entertaining multiplayer board game to play online with friends. Here's how to play Rummy:
- The goal of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all your cards by forming them into sets (also known as melds) of three or four of a kind, or sequences of three or more cards of the same suit.
- Each player is dealt a certain number of cards (usually seven), and the remaining cards are placed face down in a pile, known as the draw pile. The top card is turned over to start a separate discard pile.
- On each turn, a player must either draw the top card from the draw pile or the top card from the discard pile. They can then form any melds they can using the cards in their hand and/or melds already on the table.
- If a player has formed all of their cards into melds, they can lay them down on the table and end their turn.
- If a player is unable to form any melds, they must discard one card onto the discard pile.
- The game continues until one player has successfully gotten rid of all their cards.
- Points are scored based on the cards left in each player's hand at the end of the game, with the values of the cards being added up and the player with the lowest score winning.
- Some variations of Rummy may also have specific rules about the formation of melds, such as requiring a minimum number of cards or allowing jokers to be used as wild cards. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the specific rules of the version of Rummy you're playing.